Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Depressing Shit (to me): Part 2

I recommend you see part 1 and read my original disclaimer here; now here's installment 2.


Some more depressing movies:
◦Army of Shadows [about the French resistance during WWII]
◦Blood Diamond [about blood diamonds and other depressing things that have happened in Africa]
◦The Diving Bell and the Butterfly [paralysis]
Flame and Citron [about the Danish resistance during WWII]
◦The Magdalene Sisters [Watch this if you want to see what happens when you let the Church run society, and you ban real sex education, birth control, and abortion.]
Rabbit-Proof Fence [See this if you need a big dose of white guilt! Fun fact: I saw both this and The Magdalene Sisters when I was in the hospital for a few days, long ago. I'm better now.]

Is it just me, or are a lot of these depressing movies based on true events?
And once again, like I said in my earlier post, these are not bad movies; they just made me sad and/or depressed. It doesn't mean they're not worth seeing; no, they can be very worthwhile, especially if you are under-educated on any of the topics they address.

Some more depressing music:
◦the song at the end of the movie Ghost Dad [This falls into the category I brought up last time of "70s and 80s schlock." I actually enjoyed Ghost Dad up until the last moments, when this song started playing. And no, I don't remember what the song was called or who did it, and I don't care to look it up.]   
 More coming sooner or later! Please comment if you have anything to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment