Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Terrible Song Awards

-"Take My Breath Away" by Berlin
-"Hotel California" by blah blah
-"Barbie Girl" by whoever
-"Tick Tock" by Ke$ha-- although maybe it's just her voice and her singing that enpukify me. I'm trying to imagine if it could work sung by someone else. (Morissey? What a thought.)
-"Baby Baby" by Amy Grant
-the entire Titianic soundtrack (the rest of it is EVEN WORSE than Celine Dion!)
-the hits of Huey Lewis (I can't speak to his non-hits, though I would like to never hear those, either)
-"I've Had the Time of My Life," Black Eyed Peas version. Not that the original was good, either, but the Peas managed to bring out an extra-special "blech" quality. And note that this is (at least) the third item on this list from a movie soundtrack. Hmm.
Also note that each song I hate is like the opposite of a Lars Von Trier movie.

---and many more. I suppose I shouldn't think about this stuff so much... or let people know specific ways they can torture me.

No comments:

Post a Comment