Saturday, December 1, 2012

De La Merde Déprimante, 7ème Parte

I recommend you see part 1 of my Depressing Shit series and read my original disclaimer here; now here's installment 7.

This post practically wrote itself. I added The Ambassador on Nerdflix, and all these got recommended to me. They must think I'm a glutton (or a gluten??) for punishment. They're at least partly right-- I plan to watch some of them.
Satan help me.


Movies

Diamonds of War: Africa's Blood Diamonds

End of the Road

Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth

Rosetta (Netflix sez: "Desperate to escape the wretched trailer she shares with her alcoholic mother, 18-year-old Rosetta (Emilie Dequenne, who won Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival) goes through many trials in an attempt to find a job -- or even a friend. This powerful Belgian film's stark portrayal of poverty led to a change in the teen labor laws of that country. Rosetta received an Independent Spirit Award nomination and won the Cannes Golden Palm.")

Surviving Progress



More depressing stuff: Read Part 2 here.
And here's Part 3.
And Part 4! Are you depressed yet?!
Part 5.
Part 6.

And as always, I welcome your suggestions for More Depressing Shit. Do comment, and I'll include any good suggestions in a future update.

No comments:

Post a Comment