Friday, July 5, 2013

Part 8 of the Depressing Shit Series, or Series of Depressing Shit (to AVOID!)


I recommend you see part 1 of my Depressing Shit series and read my original disclaimer here; now here's installment 8.


More depressing (or depressing-sounding) movies...

Affliction [Don't remember, but I must have put it on my list for some reason]

The Boost [saw it a long time ago; pretty sure it was depressing]

Fox and His Friends [Fassbinder. So, you know.]

Little Moth (Xue chan) [child abuse! extreme poverty! Not going to see it!]

Save The Tiger [saw it relatively recently; pretty depressing. The 70s-ness definitely didn't help.]


...and just about every movie I've seen about boxing or wrestling. There must be exceptions, but it's a good general rule to avoid these.

OK, that's enough thinking about this shit for a while.



More depressing stuff: Read Part 2 here.
And here's Part 3.
And Part 4! Are you depressed yet?!
Part 5.
Part 6.
Part 7.

And as always, I welcome your suggestions for More Depressing Shit. Do comment, and I'll include any good suggestions in a future update.

No comments:

Post a Comment