Sunday, September 30, 2012

Donkey

Don: When I grow up, I'm gonna be a donkey.

Aunt Silver [always very serious]: So you are. Good child.

D: I'm gonna be a FAST donkey![[

A: Well, now, we'll have to wait and see about that. We do come from a long line of donkeys, but not all of them have won the blue ribbon.

D: DON-KEEEEEEYY!

A: I know. You children are always in such a hurry to grow up and become lightning-fast donkeys. But these things take a while.

D: Noooo... [drops to the floor and rolls around]

A: Now. How about you bake your Auntie Silver some nice apple pie?

[D suddenly perks up.]

D: Pie! [rushes out]

A [calling to D]: And save me some nice crumbs, too! Can you do that, little Don-don?

[D reenters with a donut on a plate, and hands both to A.]

A: Thank you, Don. [then aside, to the camera or audience] I get so much stuff for free this way!

[And this part is now like an END.]

---

[See the site of National Sketch Writing Month for the meaning of all this.]






No comments:

Post a Comment