Friday, September 21, 2012

The Cynics

A: I hear the government's hiring young college grads to go onto farms and teach the crops. You know, instead of teaching kids. They've given that up for good.

B: Hey, cut out the middleman.

A: I guess you're right. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

B: That's the way everything is headed these days. Straight to the farm.

A: Yeah. So much for urban redevelopment.

B: Yeah, redevelop WHAT? You know what I'm saying?

A: Sure do. Plants before people.

B: And people before pesticides.

A: But pesticides before herbicides.

B: Yeah. And carnivores to clean it all up. Herbivores goin' underground.

A: No herbivores at all.

B: I can see it now.

A: Yeah, and you called it way back when.

B: I call 'em like I see 'em.

A: Things aren't the way they used to be.

B: Yes. They ARE. Things are the way they've always been. Nothing ever changes. It all comes down to cheddar.

A: Ahh, yes. You mean money.

B: No. It all comes down to a common orange or white semisoft cheese of American or Irish origin.

A: So what do you want to eat for lunch?

B: Money.

A: That's it?

B: And bread.

A: All I've got is cookies.

B: Cookies are cheddar, too.

A: We'll have the money, then.

B: We've had this very same conversation before. I feel like I'm living the same day over and over again.

A: Well then, let's get it over with.

B: Again.

A: So same time tomorrow?

B: See you then.

A: Money! [said like "See you later"]

B: Money.

[Exit all, going opposite directions.]

DA END.


----
[See the site of National Sketch Writing Month for the meaning of all this.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment