Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yo-yos

[Luce wears a headset like someone might wear when teaching an exercise class. She talks loud and acts like the boss.]

Luce: OK, everyone, listen up. Nobody apologize to anyone for the rest of your lives.

[There's a murmur and some muttering among Everyone Else.]

Mannet: Do we have to take responsibility for our actions?

L: No. I don't want anyone taking responsibility for anything. Not your own actions, not anything else. And I don't want anyone apologizing. Do I make myself clear?

Noofy: What do we do now?

L: Just go about your business, do your jobs, and take long breaks to play cards and some games with marbles. And I don't want to hear any apologizing.

M: Hey! This guy just stepped on my toe!

L: So? What do you want me to do about it?

M [pouting]: Nothing.

L: If anyone even thinks about apologizing, I'm gonna use your head for a yo-yo. All of you. I'm gonna take all your heads and put them on strings from your necks and hold 'em all together like a bouquet of yo-yos. And play with 'em.

N: You said BOUQUET!

[Everyone But Luce gasps.]

L: You guys all suck. You don't deserve a playtime leader like me. I'm leaving. [Luce just stands there with arms folded across chest. Some of the others stare; others take out little toys such as marbles and yo-yos and start playing quietly.]

--THE END!--

---

[See the site of National Sketch Writing Month for the meaning of all this.]

No comments:

Post a Comment